|Nomination and Governance Committee|
We strive to maintain the confidence of our stockholders by adhering to the highest ethical and business standards. Our corporate governance practices support our uncompromising corporate ethics, quality of earnings and financial reporting and focus on shareholder value. At this website, we intend to provide you with key information about our corporate governance policies.
Ensuring that MRV's financial results fairly reflect the results of our operations is of paramount importance to this company and our investors. At MRV, we have always been diligent in maintaining compliance with our established financial accounting policies, which are consistent with requirements of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States, and for reporting our results with objectivity and the highest degree of integrity. We are committed to providing financial information that is transparent, timely, complete, relevant and accurate.
We are also committed to maintain the confidence of our stockholders by adhering to the highest ethical and business standards and exceeding the corporate governance requirements of federal law. The steps we have taken to fulfill this commitment include:
- Our Board has adopted clear corporate governance policies
- A majority of our Board members are independent of MRV and its management
- All members of our key Board committees -- the Audit Committee, the Compensation Committee, and the Nomination and Governance Committee -- are independent
- The independent members of our Board meet regularly without the presence of management
- We have a clear code of business conduct and corporate governance
- The charters of our Board committees clearly establish their respective roles and responsibilities
- We have a hotline available to all employees, and our Audit Committee has procedures in place for the anonymous submission of employee complaints on accounting, internal controls or auditing matters
- We have adopted a code of ethics that applies to our principal executive officer and all members of our finance department, including the principal financial officer and principal accounting officer
We will continue to review and, when appropriate, take additional steps in the future to strengthen our corporate governance practices to ensure that we are focused on the long-term benefit of our stockholders.